5/23/11

I Am Woman, Hear Me Vent!

                                              

Lately, I have been having social struggles with teen girls in my age group. It's not that I don't have friends in my own age group, they are not geographically available all the time. I love my homeschool friends, more than anything, it's just complicated and challenging to see them routinely because we live in another state. It doesn't help the youth organizations my brother and I belong to are always demanding our time, which makes it even harder to hang with my homeschool friends. I am slightly perturbed at my youth organization at the moment. Not only do they demand me almost every weekend, I am having some other issues.
    There is this one girl in my group, she is going to become our leader this summer. I have struggles at the validity of her leadership. Her personality isn't exactly that of a leader. I know our group is all about building leaders, she just rarely does the work. I am not as upset at her, as I am at the adults who run our group for letting her keep progressing. I was under the impression that everyone has consequences for their actions. It ticks me off to watch her keep progressing, and no one is disciplining her. It makes me wonder why I am spending this much time in something that frustrates me, when I could be developing local friends, while still hanging with my homeschool friends.
   I have been having issues with finding girl friends my own age in my hometown. I know you should look for friends in other age groups to have a full plethora of people who share your interests. I do have friends in other age groups. I just wish to be able to talk about what I am going through, with people who are going through the same things at the same time.
The main problem I am having with making friends with the girls in my town, simply put is that I am the only teen girl I know that homeschools in my neighborhood. The girls seem judgemental and won't be friends with people who they don't know from school. Everywhere, all the girls seem to walk in little groups. If you try to enter a group alone, you are entering their territory and you will always be pushed out. If you are introduced by an adult, they will only be with you because it is obligatory. The only way to be welcome is if you're introduced by someone you know in that group, or by a cute boy who knows you and the girls in the group. If you know neither, you are out of luck! I am in that situation. I need help. I am turning into a hermit in my home, which I don't want.
Only God knows what he is doing. I can just keep praying for guidance.

-Little Red

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment